There is a common belief that cooking helps you forget about all the bad things that have happened to you and helps you relax. While you can’t spend all of your time on this activity, sometimes it is nice to forget about everything and get locked in your kitchen for a while. What is more, we may have the perfect reason for you to do so.
When holidays come, it is time to forget about all the restrictions and treat yourself and your family to something tasty. That is why we decided to share a couple of simple and exquisitely tasty gingerbread cookie recipes. They will make your kitchen smell like heaven and you will find your family drooling even before the cookies are ready.
#1 Gingerbread Christmas trees
Here is what you are going to need:
• 4 cups of flour
• 1½ tablespoons of cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon of ground cloves
• 1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
• ½ tablespoon of ground allspice
• ½ tablespoon of salt
• ¼ tablespoon of ground black pepper
• 1 cup of unsulfured molasses
• 2 tablespoons of light rum
• 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
• 2 tablespoons of baking soda
• ¾ cup of trans-fat free vegetable shortening
• ¾ cup of sugar
• 1 large egg
1. Mix flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and pepper in one bowl. In another bowl, combine molasses, rum, ginger, and baking soda.
2. Beat shortening with the help of a mixer, pour in sugar and continue beating until fluffy. Add an egg. Add the contents of two bowls you have ready. Blend everything well.
3. Now you should divide dough into 3 and flatten the pieces out. put all the pieces into your fridge for about 4 hours.
4. Heat up your oven to 325 degrees F. Take out the dough and with the help of cookie cutters create as many cookies as possible. Put them into the oven.
5. Bake up to 14 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
6. When they cool off, you can decorate them with your Christmas pattern of choice.
#2 Gingerbread cups
• 1 package gingerbread cookie dough
• 1 c. mini semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 jar marshmallow crème
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Make 16 circles out of the dough, using a glass or cup.
3. Put each circle in a cup of the muffin tin and bake them for about 8 minutes.
4. Once baked, let your cups cool off.
5. When your cups are cool, place chocolate chips on the bottom of each cup.
6. Put marshmallow crème into a plastic bag and cut off the edge so that you can pour the crème out. fill in every cup with marshmallow crème.
#3 Magic cookies
• 1/2 cup of butter
• 1 1/2 cup of gingersnap crumbs
• 1/2 cup of flour
• 1 tablespoon of baking powder
• 1 cup of flaked coconut
• 1 cup of cinnamon chips
• 1 cup of white chocolate chips
• 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• Combine cream with gingersnap crumbs, flour, and baking powder. Mix it all well. Place the dough baking sheet.
• Spread coconut over gingersnap crust; do the same with cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips. Pour sweetened condensed milk over it.
• Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes.
READ MORE: A 14-day weight loss challenge
#4 Vegan Gingerbread Men
• 1 flax egg
• 1/2 cup of brown sugar
• 1/4 cup of almond butter
• 3 tablespoons of molasses
• 1/4 cup of vegan butter
• 3/4 tablespoon of ginger
• 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
• 1/4 tablespoon of salt
• 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
• 1 1/4 cups gluten-free baking mix
1. Mix flax and water to get flax egg mixture.
2. Add butter, molasses, almond butter, brown sugar, salt, spices, baking soda to the mixture and beat it
3. Add flour to the mixture and mix well.
4. Let it chill overnight.
5. Heat up the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Roll the dough out and with the help of cookie cutters cut out your gingerbread men.
7. Bake your cookies for about 10 minutes.
8. After they cool off, you can decorate them with frosting or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
#5 Gingerbread Stained Glass Cookies
• 150 g vegan butter
• 120 g dark sugar
• 60 g golden syrup
• 375 g flour
• 1 tsp of soda
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• Mixed colored boiled sweets glass candy
1. Melt together the butter, the sugar, and the golden syrup.
2. Mix flour, soda, and spices. Combine it with melted butter mixture to form the dough.
3. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
4. Heat the oven to 170 C
5. Roll out the dough. Cut out your cookie shapes with a gap in the middle and put them on the baking sheet.
6. Put the glass sweets cookie gaps and keep baking for about 10 minutes.
7. Let them chill so that glass sweets harden up.
READ MORE: 7-day weight-loss challenge
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
Please share this with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments below.