If you’re looking for a good combination of strength training and burning fat at the same time, then this 12 move sequence could be perfect for you. Not only will you notice the scale dropping, but your muscles will be taking on more defined shape, as well.
Do 10 repetitions of these 12 exercises in the following order:
#1. Walking Glute Bridges
- Flat on back, feet on floor, knees up.
- Arms at sides, palms facing up.
- Raise hips as high as you can.
- Alternate lifting legs up while keeping knees bent.
#2. Plank T-Rotation
- Put yourself in plank or push-up position.
- Rotate body to one side, rolling feet from toes to heels.
- Raise arm corresponding with chosen side straight above body.
#3. Lower Lateral Lunges
- Standing stance with very wide legs, body firm.
- Bend slightly at waist, hands clasped in front of chest.
- Lunge from side to side, going as low as you can.
#4. One-Leg Deadlifts
- Totally straight and firm starting stance, with dumbbells in each hand.
- Bend at hips, and lower dumbbells down straight.
- Raise one leg up behind you, parallel to ground, toes pointing down.
- Alternate legs.
READ MORE: 9 weight loss tips to follow before bedtime
#5. Squat Press-Ups
- Standing position, legs fairly separated, holding dumbbells in each hand at shoulder height.
- Squat regularly.
- While standing up, simultaneously push dumbbells straight up above head.
#6. Crab Plank
- Find standard plank position, supported by palms on ground.
- Begin walking one hand and foot at a time to one side, followed by other foot and hand.
- Alternate sides.
#7. One-Arm Presses
- Normal standing position, legs opened naturally, parallel to shoulders.
- Dumbbell in each hand, resting at shoulders.
- Alternate arms, pushing one dumbbell up straight above head.
READ MORE: 10 signs of a one-sided relationship
#8. Bent Box Lifts
- Stand with feet slightly parted, holding dumbbells in each hand.
- Bend at hips and lower dumbbells and arms straight down.
- Raise arms straight up, as if lifting a heavy box.
#9. Horizontal Mountain Climbers
- Put yourself into plank position where palms and balls of feet support body weight.
- Alternate bringing one knee at a time to its corresponding elbow.
#10. Romanian Deadlifts
- Normal stance, feet slightly parted, dumbbells in each hand, ends facing each other, knuckles outward.
- Bend at waist, slightly bend knees, keeping back straight.
- Lower dumbbells down past knees.
#11. One-Arm Plank Row
- Find plank position, balancing yourself while holding dumbbells in each hands.
- Alternate arms raising one dumbbell while bending elbow.
#12. Squatting Jumping Jacks
- Begin in normal standing position, feet naturally separated.
- Go into standard squat, holding hands together at chest height.
- From squat, jump as if doing jumping jacks.
By repeating this sequence a couple of times per day, and a few times throughout your week, you will be on the way to shaping the body you want.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.