Weight loss is a difficult journey that feels even harder after succeeding and gaining pounds back. There are very specific things you can do to lose weight and keep it off.
Try these 55 things to lose weight forever:
- Set small goals and remind yourself of them on your fridge.
- View your scale as a body-update, not body-shamer.
- Before and after photos.
- Buy a goal outfit, hang it where you will see it daily.
- Think about losing your next two pounds.
- Use your jeans to check progress once per week.
- Join a supportive community or surround yourself with encouraging friends.
- Make a list of successes and repeat!
- Spend time visualizing how you want to look.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones purposely.
- Find an accountability partner.
- Celebrate your progress by posting on social media.
- Be self-compassionate, you’re only human.
- Switch up your exercise routine.
- Don’t leave out strength training.
- Use an app to log your workouts, or go back to pen and journal.
- Warm up before all exercise.
- Join an online workout service you can stream no matter where you are.
- Download a fun and fresh fitness app.
- Break a sweat 3 or more times per week.
- Don’t overdo it, you might injure yourself.
- Use your own bodyweight to exercise on a weekly basis.
- Stretch after your workout, since you’re already warmed up.
- Seek external motivation by signing up for a 5k race.
- Do a month-long plank challenge.
- Never skip a workout. If ten minutes is all you have, use it well.
- Get hand weights and resistance band for at home action.
- Practice deep breathing while you work out.
- Set a date with your workout routine.
- Include your family in physical activities at least once per week.
- Amp up your regular workouts with more speed or intensity.
- Switch the treadmill to a high incline for a challenging walk.
- Go to group workout classes.
- Eat a lot of fiber. Think broccoli, beans, spinach, brown rice, bananas, and more.
- Count your calories and watch your portions.
- Write a daily food journal to keep honest track of what you’re eating.
- Stop reaching for packaged foods and go clean.
- Invest in a slow cooker for convenience and healthy meals.
- Leave all soda behind.
- Consume healthy fats including avocado, olive oil, seeds, and nuts.
- Plan your cheat meals or indulgences.
- Don’t shop the inner aisles at the grocery store.
- Choose one day of the week for meal preparation.
- Bulk up on the protein like fish, eggs, lentils, beans, and lean meats.
- Don’t buy your trigger foods.
- Learn to make healthier desserts by swapping out ingredients.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the whole day.
- Make the right playlist for you.
- Get your needed 7 or 8 hours of real sleep each night.
- Try to spend more time standing than sitting each day.
- Take breaks to unplug from technology and sit in silence.
- Change your mindset from diet to lifestyle switch.
- Get your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked regularly.
- Spend time enjoying nature.
Follow some fitness figures who offer weight loss tips on social media.
Once you decide to change your life for good, use these 55 tips to keep you on track.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.