The problem of excess weight is really widespread nowadays. More and more people make a decision to change their lives and start living a healthy lifestyle but very often they don’t know where to start and postpone addressing the problem again and again.
For such cases there is always a simple solution: healthy eating and physical exercise. This case is no exception. Combining these two factors you’ll get rid of your body fat fast. The main point here is to choose the most suitable exercises.
Today we have an amazing set of exercises for you which will melt your body fat. It includes 8 simple moves. You can easily perform them at home. Training your body regularly you’ll solve your problem very fast. Just make a bit of an effort and you’ll completely transform your body in a short period of time.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart and hands by your sides. This is the start position.
- In one smooth motion, squat down and place your hands palms down on the floor in front of your feet.
- Lean forward, so your weight is on your hands, at the same time jumping your legs out behind you until they are fully extended. Your body should form a straight line with your weight supported on your toes and the balls of your feet and your arms fully extended. (In a push up position)
- Jump your feet out by spreading your legs, so that they are wider than hip width apart, then immediately jump them back together. Complete 1 full push up.
- Jump your feet forward to just behind your hands. Use an explosive motion to push through your heels and return to the start postion. Repeat.
READ MORE: 8 best moves to thinner thighs
- Lie flat on your back with your feet flat on the ground, with your knees bent at 90 degrees. Alternatively, you can place your feet up on a bench a few inches apart with your toes turned inwards and touching.
- Place your hands lightly on either side of your head. Keep your elbows in so that they are parallel to your body.
- Push your back down flat into the floor to isolate your abdominal muscles. Gently curl your shoulders forward and up off the floor. Continue to push down into the floor with your lower back.
- Raise your shoulders about four to six inches only. Hold and squeeze your abdominal muscles for a count of one. Return to the start position in a smooth movement.
#3. Donkey Kicks
- Position yourself on all fours on a mat. Position your hands underneath your shoulders and place your knees under your hips.
- Keep your right knee bent at 90 degrees and flex the foot as you lift the knee until it is level with the hip.
- Lower the knee without touching the floor and repeat the lift. Once you’ve completed the reps on the right leg, switch legs.
#4. Plank Leg Lifts
- Lie on a mat and position yourself in a plank position. Place your elbows on the floor beneath your shoulders. Your toes should touch the floor and your torso should be lifted in a straight line.
- Engage your core muscles and lift one foot off the floor. Keep the rest of your body as still as you can. Your heel should lift until it is in line with your buttocks.
- Slowly lower the leg to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
- Stand tall against a wall with your head and back touching the wall. Position your feet so that they are shoulder-width apart and a few inches away from the wall. Rest your arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees and lower into a squat position until your thighs are parallel to the floor and hold the position
- Return to starting position by straightening your knees and standing tall again.
#6. Windshield Wipers
- Lie on an exercise mat, keeping your back flat with no arching of the spine. Extend your arms out beside you at shoulder level, with your palms pressed firmly to the floor. Your upper body should form a “T” shape.
- Raise your feet off the floor by bending your hips and knees to 90 degree angles. This is the start position. As you exhale, rotate both your thighs to one side until the outer thigh touches the ground or until you feel a stretch in your abs and lower back.
- Pause briefly, then rotate to the other side without pausing in the start position. When you have rotated to both sides, that is one repetition. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Lie face down on a mat, with your arms fully extended above your head and your legs fully extended behind you.
- Lift your chest, arms and legs off the floor by arching your back. Only the tops of your quads and your lower abdomen should be in contact with the floor.
- Hold for a count of 2 while squeezing your abdominals and obliques. Return to the starting position for a count of one, then repeat.
- Lie on an exercise mat with your knees bent so that your feet are flat on the floor. Keep your back straight. Place your hands out to your sides palms flat for stability.
- Raise your glutes off the floor by extending your hips upward while pushing down through you heels. Continue until your back, hips and thighs are in a straight line. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the start position by lowering your hips back to the floor. Pause then repeat.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.