The Dukan diet is a healthy diet that is based on increased protein and veggies consumption. It helped millions of overweight people all over the world to slim down and maintain a healthy weight.
This diet plan has four phases. If you want to slim down fast and maintain a healthy weight for years, you should follow the rules of this diet carefully. It is time to make healthy lifestyle changes by following the Dukan diet rules.
In this article, we would like to show you the basic rules that can help you slim down fast. Scroll down to read them and follow these recommendations in order to obtain your weight loss goals easily.
#1. The attack phase
This phase is very strict, but you are able to drop up to two pounds a day. If you want to drop less than ten pounds, you should spend two days on this phase. If you want to drop up to twenty pounds, you should follow it for three or four days.
If you need to shred up to forty pounds, you should spend six days on this phase. If you have more than forty pounds to drop, follow this phase for eight days. Consult your doctor before you start this diet.
The basic rules of this phase
- Drink two liters of water.
- Consume 1.5 teaspoons of oat bran a day.
- Walk at least twenty minutes a day.
You are allowed to eat lean meat, fish, seafood, eggs and low-fat dairy products. You may use a sweetener, herbs, garlic and spices.
#2. The cruise phase
You may follow this phase as many days as you desire to obtain your goals.
- You should consume two teaspoons of oat bran a day.
- You should walk at least thirty minutes a day.
- You should alternate one day of the attack phase with one day of the attack phase+veggies.
You are allowed to consume low-calorie, non-starch veggies and you can drink sugar-free coffee and tea.
READ MORE: 7 unusual, but useful uses for Chapstick
#3. The consolidation phase
This phase means that you have reached your desired weight. Now, following these recommendations can help you prevent weight gain. For every pound you dropped, you should stay on this phase for five days. That means, if you have dropped five pounds, you should follow it for twenty-five days.
- You may consume one fruit per day.
- You may consume two slices of whole grain bread.
- You may consume up to forty grams of low-calorie cheese a day.
- You may eat 450 grams of whole wheat pasta or brown rice per week.
- Once a week, you should eat only lean protein throughout a day.
- Twice a week you may eat a serving of your favorite meals.
#4. The stabilization phase
If you want to be fit and slim as long as possible, you should follow this phase throughout your life.
- Have a lean protein day once a week.
- Add one spoon of oat brat to your meals.
- Work out at least three times a week and walk more.
READ MORE: 11 aspirin side effects to know
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
Please share this with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments below.