If you are a relative newcomer to the world of exercising who isn’t sure where to start, you must feel pretty lost in the sea of opinions and recommendations. Well, first of all, you don’t really need a gym membership to get fit. The right kind of motivation, smart workouts, well-balanced nutrition are the keys to your success. So, we’ve got your back! Below you will find some handy instructions on how to prepare yourself for your new life of working out. And, of course, we prepared a list of ten workout courses that are really good for beginners.
- Be ready to use your research skills. Make sure the sources you get your information from are reliable, and select a workout routine is a well-balanced one. This way, you’ll soon start noticing positive effects!
- Next, don’t put your health at risk by being too aggressive at the beginning! It’s not a race, and at most times, it makes more sense to start out slowly. You won’t achieve fitness overnight, it’s a gradual process that requires hard work and takes time.
- Don’t compare yourself to others in looks or workout types. You’ll get your dream results, we promise, just let it happen at your own pace. Take breaks, replenish yourself. Getting healthy is not a punishment.
- Remember that this is a commitment. Skipping exercise once in a while is fine, but it’s all about building a habit and sticking to it.
- No self-shaming. Be positive! Any amount of progress is still progress. It’ll become easier, you’ll see.
- Think less about end result, be more interested in the process itself. That is, don’t say I’ll get a six-pack, say I’ll become stronger and will be able to carry weight I couldn’t before.
- Be demanding, push harder, but, like we said earlier, do things at your pace and be comfortable. And don’t ignore any troubling signs like inability to catch your breath or chest pain. Those are not parts of a normal workout, unlike feeling out of breath, sweating or burning in your muscles.
- Finally, think about your nutrition, which is just important as the right kind of exercise. A fresh, nutrient-rich diet will do wonders combined with physical exerice.
Now, on to our list of 10 workout routines!
1. Low Impact Beginner Cardio Workout, 26 minutes. If you’re looking for adequate routine to start burning fat and gaining cardiovascular endurance instead, this is a good choice. Besides, you can easily modify the moves to make them more difficult, or, on the contrary, easier for you.
2. Low Impact Cardio and Abs Workout. This cardio and core workout combination is a good starting point for adapting your body to the new routine.
3. Buttocks, Thigh, and Abs Pilates Workout, 27 minutes. This is a great way to start working on your mind-body connection and preparing yourself for more intensive work.
4. Low Impact Cardio Workout for Beginners - Recovery Cardio Workout with no Jumping. Warm-ups, cool-downs and nothing too intense. A really good place to start.
5. No-equipment Upper Body Workout with Warm Up and Cool Down. Use your own body weight as your tool to build muscle and burn fat.
6. Upper Body Strength & Cardio Interval Workout (with Low Impact Mods). Build muscle and boost your metabolism even during rest.
7. No-equipment Buttocks and Thigh Workout At Home, 10 minutes. Again, your bodyweight is all you need for this lower body-focusing routine.
8. At Home Cardio Workout to Burn Fat and Tone (High & Low Impact Modifications). Start with the harder mode of this cardiovascular challenge!
9. Fitness Blender's 5 Day Challenge - Strong and Lean - Day 1. Here it is, a week-long commitment! Ready for this one? Of course you are.
10. 3-Day Flexibility Challenge Day 1: Fluid Full Body Stretches for Flexibility & Stress Relief. This is a feel-good 3-day fitness challenge.
READ MORE: How to drink green tea and lose weight
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.