If you want to give yourself an overall shape-up and blast fat off your belly and thighs, you can start your fitness journey with short walks. Why walking? You do not need to go to the gym or have any walking equipment. All you need to do is walking.
To get your body into shape, you need to change your lifestyle. Exercising is an effective way to start a healthy lifestyle. You do not need a lot of money or a lot of time to exercise, because all you need is an understanding to do it.
Starting a fitness journey, you do not need to combine a sedentary lifestyle with intensive workouts. You just need to walk for 30 minutes a day. It is a great way to stay in shape. Walking is not only a fitness, but also a great helper for people who suffer from diabetes, hypertension and heart diseases.
What are the benefits of daily walking? As we already said, walking has many benefits. The most important thing of a 30-minute walking is that it strengthens your heart. This fitness activity helps the heart to pump blood more efficiently. The arteries dilate with exercise, and this helps to improve circulation. In fact, your entire body benefits from it.
READ MORE: 20 simple ways to shed pounds without trying
As for weight loss, a 30-minute walk can help you stay fit and burn calories. The fact is, the fats deposited in the body will begin to burn after 20-25 minutes of walking. Thus, women who want to lose those extra pounds should walk for 45 minutes every day.
What’s more, walking is a great activity for your mental health. A 30-minute daily walk will help you get rid of stress and improve your mood. In addition, oxygenation in the brain is better, and this effectively increases cognitive function.
How to start walking? First of all, you should know that everything depends on you. The realization that walking will give you many benefits, both for your health and body shape can help you to start a fitness journey. After realizing it, you should follow our tips that you need to add to your walking routine. Let’s check them out!
- The best time for walking is in the morning or later in the afternoon.
- You should walk with a partner for better motivation.
- Wear only comfortable footwear. It should have a good cushioning system and have a design that gets rid of perspiration.
- If it's too sunny outside, you should put on sunscreen. If it’s too cold, you should wear a jacket to protect yourself.
- Before starting exercising, you should stretch and warm up to avoid injury.
- Start your walk slowly and gradually increase your speed. During the last five minutes, you should return to a slower walk to cool your body down.
- After finishing a walk, you should stretch out to protect your muscles and bones.
- Start your walking journey with shorter walks and then gradually increase the amount of time and the level of difficulty.
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
Please share this with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments below.