Feta is the most popular cheese in Greece. It is known far beyond its borders. Feta is made from sheep's milk. The very word feta is translated as a piece, because the Greek prepare it just as a big piece. Externally, feta resembles a young pressed cottage cheese, but the taste of this cheese is more deep, brackish, with a tender milky sourness.
Feta cheese is rich in calcium, which strengthens the bones and stimulates the normal development of the skeleton. Also, its composition contains riboflavin, normalizing the reproductive function, involved in the formation of red blood cells. Vitamins of group B, presented in feta cheese, normalize the work of the nervous system, and are good for depression and insomnia.
The composition of this cheese contains phosphorus. The substance provides the work of the genitourinary system and is responsible for the metabolism, normalizes the work of the nervous system. Let’s look at another health benefits of feta cheese. You will be surprised:
1. Suitable for people who can not digest cow dairy. A lot of people refuse eating dairy products because of this. However, they can eat feta cheese. It is made from sheep’s milk.
2. Histidine and vitamin B6 combination. This vitamin is responsible for metabolism and can make the skin look healthy and beautiful.
3. High protein content. Our body needs protein to work properly and to be healthy.
4. Type 2 diabetes. Protein from animal milk products can make the risk of this disease much lower.
5. Calcium and bone health. Calcium is really important for our bones. Our body loses calcium every day and we need to get it from food.
6. Vitamin A. This vitamin is responsible for our immune function.
However, you should be careful and do not eat it in very big quantities. Because of its saturated fat content, it can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and it is not very useful for people with high pressure, because of its high sodium content.
READ MORE: 8 signs that it's time for you to let him go
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
Please share this with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments below.