Many women these days struggle to stay fit, and some of them turn out to be quite successful while the others fail. Why is life so unfair? The thing is that it isn’t life being unfair - it is your body trying to tell you that there is something wrong.
Exercising and eating correctly is important but it happens so that despite the healthy way of living some people can’t get where they want, this happens primarily due to your hormones being unbalanced. The truth is that in order to succeed with weight loss it is important to make sure that all of your hormones are balanced and happy.
As a matter of fact, there are four hormones that are responsible for your inability to lose weight no matter the effort. And today we are going to reveal their names as well as the ways of ‘satisfying’ them and reaching your goal.
Very often we hear about estrogen being called a ‘woman hormone’ and it is true. Estrogen is responsible for proper development of your breasts and hips and other feminine sexual characteristics. But when you are approaching your menopause, it starts to decrease together with progesterone, and that is a good thing apart from the fact that when there is more of estrogen in your body – you start gaining weight. Even the tiniest difference between your estrogen and progesterone levels and the weight goes up. Is there anything to do about that? Yes, you should balance your hormones and here is how you can do it:
· Eat vegetables daily to supply your body with fiber which can actually balance estrogen.
· Cut down on your consumption of red meat.
· Reduce the intake of sugar and processed food.
· Exercise regularly.
READ MORE: 6 effective exercises to reduce back fat
Cortisol is the hormone that your body produces in response to stress. Whether we like it or not but these days, stressful situations happen way too often, and that leads to excess production of cortisol. The production of cortisol in its turn leads to excess fat stored around your inner organs, and that is what looks like belly fat. How can you deal with it?
· The first and foremost thing that you can do is to reduce your stress level. The best way to do so is to meditate.
· Magnesium is also important that is why daily intake of magnesium supplements can help greatly
· Sleep is also important that is why you should make sure that you have at least eight hours of sleep daily.
READ MORE: List of top 8 yoga poses to improve sex life
To put the long story short – leptin is a hormone that tells your brain when you are full so that you do not overeat. But modern diet mostly contains too many processed foods which lead to excess consumption of fructose which in its turn leads to excess production of fat cells and they produce lots of leptin which is not good. When there is too much of leptin in your body, your brain can no longer differentiate whether full or not you are and that leads to excess weight. How can you balance leptin?
· First of all, you should manage your sleep pattern. When there is too little of sleep in your life, you won’t be able to balance leptin.
· Omega-3 supplements will come in handy too
· Of course, if you decrease the intake of fructose that will help you significantly.
· Last but not least, exercise matters.
As you may already know your insulin is that one hormone that regulates sugar in your blood. That is why if you have issues with excess weight that means that there is something wrong with your insulin level and should better rush to balance it. And here is how you can do that:
· Start your day with a glass of water before anything else. This will help to detoxify your body from every morning.
· Make sure that you get enough of protein daily.
· Make sure that all the carbs you consume are low-glycemic.
· Try to eliminate as much sugar off your diet as possible.
Last but not least, when you are sure that you are doing everything correctly when it comes to your diet and workout routine but the weight still does not go down, you should at least assume that your hormones are imbalanced. To be a 100% sure you can also visit your doctor and check them out. Once you find out which hormones have gone rogue, you have our guide how to keep them back on track! As simple as that! Stay fit!
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
Please share this with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments below.