Obesity is the number one problem in United states. More and more people are trying to slim down in order to become healthier and happier. Most of them use strict diets that promise to help drop extra weight fast, but that is a wrong approach. According to The department of health, eighty percent of people regain weight after dieting.
BetterMe App helps women achieve their body goals with ease and efficiency by helping to choose proper meal plans and effective workouts. Start using our app and you will see good results in a short time.
How can you slim down and maintain a healthy weight? If you want to lose extra weight in a healthy way, you need to follow a balanced, nutritious weight-loss meal plan. You need to develop healthy eating habits and prepare food for the week ahead.
Make sure you always have enough healthy snacks at home such as, fresh veggies, fresh fruits, dried fruits, nuts, low-fat dairy to satisfy your hunger and prevent overeating. However, all healthy foods in the world won't do your body any good if the food you eat contains more calories than you need for slimming down.
This rule is simple: in order to slim down you need to burn more calories than you consume. All you need to do is to count your recommended caloric intake for weight loss.
Weight loss is a very personal thing, and there are many different factors that may affect the process of your slimming down — from the quality of your sleep to your stress levels. What may work for one person may not work for you, so you should set realistic expectations about your own goals and do what feels good for your body.
And if you suffer from eating disorders, you need to discuss your diet with your doctor before starting any weight loss plan.
To make it easier for you, we have picked up plenty of delicious, low-calorie options for your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. You may use these food combinations to create your own weight-loss meal plan. Are you interested? Scroll down to see this list of food combinations and read more about healthy weight-loss.
The options for breakfast (around 300-400 calories per one dish):
- Homemade muesli with oats, dates and frozen berries.
- Oatmeal with natural yogurt, marmalade, fresh mango and flax seeds.
- Berry-topped waffles with frozen raspberries and almonds.
- Oatmeal with blueberries, sunflower seeds and agave.
- Cottage cheese with cinnamon, apples and maple syrup.
- Oatmeal with cheddar and scallion.
- Poached eggs with broccoli, tomatoes and wholemeal flatbread.
The options for lunch (around 400-500 calories per one dish):
- Salmon salad with greens, cherry tomatoes and onions.
- Grilled Thai chicken sandwich with onions and sweet peppers.
- Tuna sandwich with cucumbers and boiled eggs.
- Creamy avocado, white bean wrap.
- Apple, fennel salad with blue cheese and greens.
- Veggie burger with greens, cucumber and cheddar.
- Grilled chicken breast with greens, olive oil and corn.
The options of snack (around 200 calories per one dish):
- One boiled egg with sweet peppers and greens.
- One fresh carrot and one glass of skim milk.
- One banana and three dates.
- A handful of almonds.
- One big apple and one tangerine.
- A bowl of parmesan popcorn.
- Two slices of cheese and two fresh tomatoes.
- A bowl of tomato soup.
- A glass of natural yogurt with raspberries.
- A bowl of steamed broccoli with hummus.
- Half a cup of chopped mango.
The options for dinner (around 400 calories per one dish):
- Farfalle with butternut squash.
- Zucchini noodles with grilled onions and tomatoes.
- Basil-ricotta ravioli with spinach.
- Veggie pasta with chicken breast.
- A slice of spinach spaghetti pie.
- Squash ribbon pasta with herb cream sauce.
- Penne with asparagus, pistachios, and mint.
- Salmon sandwich with cucumbers and boiled eggs.
Exercise vs. Diet: Which is more important for slimming down?
Of course, it is possible to slim down without regular exercising. Nutritionists claim that weight loss is seventy-five percent of a diet and twenty-five percent of exercise. However, if you want to have sculpted, toned body, you cannot obtain it without exercise.
The key to beautiful body is healthy eating and regular physical activity. You need to perform high-intensity interval workouts three times a week or choose any other type of physical activity.
Here are several important rules to make to your diet that will actually work:
You should eat five times a day. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks)
You should drink at least one glass of water in the morning and another 1.5 litres throughout a day.
Eat more fresh veggies and whole grains.
Limit the consumption of sugar, as it affects your health and makes you gain weight.
BetterMe App helps you increase your self-esteem and achieve your personal goals by opening the doors to the world of fitness and healthy lifestyle. Try it now to see the best version of yourself as soon as possible.
You should sleep at least seven hours a night, as your body burns extra fat during sleep.
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
Please share this with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments below.