Toned arms always look sexy and attractive. That`s why women spend so much time in the gym trying to get desirable results. But there are much easier ways to get beautiful arms.
If you have excess pounds, then strength exercises won`t solve the issue. You should also perform cardio workout and keep healthy eating. And if you are slim but want to tone your arms, then just strength workouts will be effective.
Today we have for you a set of exercises which will make your dream about sexy and toned arms come true. Just spend about 20 minutes a day at least 3 times a week performing this workout and in a month you`ll get the desirable result.
#1. Bench Tricep Dips
- Sit on a chair with your hands either next to your hips or slightly under the hips.
- Lift up onto your hands and bring your hips forward.
- Bend your elbows and lower your hips down, keeping shoulders down and hips close to the chair.
- Push back up but don’t lock your elbows and repeat.
#2. Upright Dumbbell Rows
READ MORE: 5 exercises to avoid stubborn double chin
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand,stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- The dumbbells should be resting on your thighs with your palms facing in.
- Lift the dumbbells straight up in single smooth movement until they are just below your chin making sure to keep your shoulders back and your elbows out.
- At the top of the movement, flex or squeeze your biceps and forearms. Hold for a count of one.
- Return to the starting position slowly to keep tension on the muscles.
- Come to the ground on your knees. Tighten your core and maintain a flat back.
- Position your hands on the ground in front of you, directly below your shoulders. Cross your feet in the back.
- Lower your chest towards the ground. Bend your elbows at a 60-degree angle until your chest is just above the ground. You should feel a stretch across your chest. Hold for a count of one.
- Without locking your elbows, push yourself back to the starting position by straightening your arms.
#4. Dumbbell Windmills
- Safely clean and press a dumbbell overhead.
- Keep the dumbbell above you. Your elbow should be locked out.
- Now push your butt toward the arm with the dumbbell. Bend from the hips, reaching for the floor with the opposite hand. Keep your gaze on the dumbbell during the movement.
- Once you touch the floor, pause, make sure the arm is still locked out, and return to the starting position.
#5. Tricep Dumbbell Kickbacks
- Holding a pair of dumbbells with an overhand grip, stand tall with your chest up and core braced. Bend at the hips while keeping your back completely flat.
- Once your upper body is parallel with the floor, bring your upper arms to your sides. Begin by pushing the dumbbells back and behind you.
- Pause at the top of the movement and feel the contraction in your triceps. Slowly lower the dumbbells and begin again.
#6. Standing Two-Armed Bent Over Dumbbell Rows
- Stand tall with a tight core and flat back. Hold a pair of dumbbells at your side with an overhand grip. Bend slightly at the knees as you push your hips back. Keep your chest and head up. Upper body should be almost parallel with the floor.
- With your elbows at a 60-degree angle, bring the dumbbells up. Pause when your upper arm is parallel with the floor. Contract the muscle then slowly return the dumbbells to the starting point.
#7. Side Shoulder Dumbbell Raises
- Stand with your back straight, feet shoulder width apart, while holding a dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip.
- Hold your arms fully extended by your side, with your palms facing in to your body.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides. This is the start position.
- Keeping your arms fully extended and your torso stationary, lift the dumbbells out to your sides and up until they are at shoulder level. Exhale as you do so.
- Hold for a count of one while squeezing your shoulder muscles.
- Return to the start position in a smooth controlled movement inhaling as you do so.
#8. Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extensions
- Lie flat on your back on a bench and position your feet flat on the floor on either side of the bench.
- With a dumbbell in each hand, extend your arms over head until fully extended. Your palms should face one another and your hands should be close together.
- Bend the elbows and lower the weights to either side of your head.
- Extend your arms to return to the starting position.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.