The problem of stretch marks is familiar to many women. Most women face this skin defect after giving birth, after sudden weight loss and after having overcome obesity. Stretch marks usually appear on the hips, butt, arms, belly and breasts, those body areas where the skin’s elasticity was put to the test. In this article, you will learn the difference between white and red stretch marks and how to treat them.
How to Treat Red Stretch Marks
Red stretch marks are fresh damaged tissue, so they can be treated quickly and effectively. The color red shows that the area is vascularized, which means that your body is still performing repairs. You can aid those repair efforts by choosing to act on some of the tips below.
- Switch to a balanced diet (if you haven’t done so already).
- Practice moderate physical exercise.
- Use a cream against stretch marks (you can buy one from any pharmacy or supermarket, or try massaging your skin with natural oils).
- Take a contrast shower (alternate warm and cold water to invigorate the muscles and stimulate circulation).
- Use a scrub on the problem areas (again, you can choose one from a shop or make your own).
- Use different wraps (mud packs, olive and coconut oil are good homemade options).
- Make an appointment for laser treatment.
How to Treat White Stretch Marks
As with every skin condition, the longer it is left untreated, the harder it is to cure. White stretch marks are old damaged tissue and it's very difficult to cure them.
Creams and wraps are useless in treating white stretch marks, but some beauty treatments will help you reduce them and restore skin elasticity.
- Laser treatment – uses light to stimulate new growth of collagen and elastin, two chemicals responsible for the health and appearance of your skin;
- Microdermabrasion – removes dead cells from the top of the dermis, therefore uncovering the young layers of skin, which are firmer and smoother.
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
Please share this with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments below.