Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect information that can identify, contact, or locate you such as your name and email address ("personal information") and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in different countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store personal information when you register and use the Service or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name and email address. Information may also be provided by corresponding with us (by email or chat, for instance), when you report a problem with the Service on our Service, when you subscribe for any of our services, search for a service or share data via any of the social media functions on our Service.
- Social Connect. When you choose to connect your social media account to your Service profile, we collect Personal Information from that social media website. For example, when you connect your Facebook account, we may collect the Personal Information you have made publicly available in Facebook, such as your name, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, username, gender, networks, age range, language, country, friend list, and any other information you have made public. We may also obtain other non-public information from social media websites with your permission.
- Geo-location from your device. We may collect and store your location information if your device settings are enabled to send it to us. We use this information to analyze user behaviour show you personalized content and advertisements.
- Information about others. We may collect and store personal information about other people (your friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) that can be obtained when you invite them to use our Service, including their name, address and email address.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit the Service. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, information about your device, information about other apps installed on your device, access location and times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on the Service, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Service. During your visits to other websites or online services where we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you the type of advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. Although you may not opt out of receiving online advertisements generally, you may stop targeted BetterMe.guru advertising during your visits to other websites and online services. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our Service.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Service. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the Service we offer our visitors and users to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-party partners, including our authorized service providers, analytics providers, advertising companies and ad networks, to use “cookies” and other similar technologies to collect information about how the Service, advertisements, and email are viewed and accessed. We do not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows us to learn more about how the Service is used and for them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Our partners also may collect information about your online activities over time, on other devices, and on other websites or online services when they also use our partners’ services. When they provide such services, they are governed by their own privacy policies.
How we use the information we collect
General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- enhance your user experience on our Service;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, Service or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, push notification, and/or through other digital methods about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other websites and online services;
- detect and resolve any fraud or other illegal or undesirable user behavior;
- perform background checks on users and take other legally-required actions;
- manage our business;
- provide our advertisements to you when you visit other websites and online services;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Aggregate Data. We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Service and use and disclose it for any purpose.
With whom we share your information
Personal information. We share your personal information with others as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers. We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain service on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service.
- Other Users. We will share your profile information with other users of the Service. We will also facilitate sending the messages between you and other users, and so your message content will be shared with the recipient.
- Marketing. We may allow access to data collected by the Service and our service providers to enable the delivery of online advertising on the Service or on other websites and online services, or to send you information we think may be useful or relevant to you. We may also provide your contact information to others for their marketing purposes.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Service terms or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
Personalized Advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from advertisers or advertising networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations. Links to those sites are here:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
You may opt out of personalized ads from AdCash at https://www.adcash.com/legal-info/#h.ew5sib19a7w8.
When you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the Service and/or our ads on other Internet websites and online services.
How to unsubscribe from future email marketing messages
You may unsubscribe from marketing emails by using the unsubscribe link in a marketing email. Please note that even after you opt-out of marketing messages, we may still communicate with you by email for administrative and informational purposes unrelated to marketing. The subscribers of our Service’s app may also unsubscribe from all notifications by following the appropriate steps in the “Manage notifications” section of the settings.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can control information collected by cookies. See section "Cookies" below for information about declining or deleting cookies.
How we protect your personal information
We take reasonable security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our Service to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
Information you provide about yourself while using our Service
We provide areas on our Service where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
Although our Service is a general audience service, we restrict the use of our Service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 18 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 18. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 18, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
International Data Transfers
If you would like to withdraw your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to the U.S., please send us an email to email@example.com.
No Rights of Third Parties
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses.
To obtain this information from us, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at the address below with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. If you are a California resident, we will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our Service. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Cookies on our Service do not link to or store your personal information.
For example, when you sign in to our Service, we will record your user ID and the name associated with your user ID in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our Service to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our Service, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our Service may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence..
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our Service from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. Third parties may use anonymous information about your visits to our Service and other websites in order to improve its products and Service and provide advertisements about goods and Service of interest to you
Last Updated: 16.03.2017